- This event has passed.
Edgewood College Athletics: #UniteToFight – Eagles Shooting Down Cancer
October 10, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - October 14, 2017 @ 2:30 pm
As they did in 2014, Edgewood College student-athletes will once again #UniteToFight cancer leading a new initiative this October. “Eagles Shooting Down Cancer” will take place from October 10-14 giving all members of the Edgewood community and beyond the opportunity to raise money to benefit the American Cancer Society. Participants will test their skill from the free throw line and half-court line of the Todd Wehr Edgedome with an anonymous benefactor providing matching donations and bonuses for successful shots.
“We have been so fortunate to work with the American Cancer Society in the past,” said Edgewood College head men’s basketball coach Justin Meyer. “We wanted to build off the previous #UniteToFight campaign and other Coaches vs. Cancer events to make something special that the Edgewood community can support.”
“Eagles Shooting Down Cancer” participants will donate $1 per turn, and that donation will immediately be matched making it a $2 donation. Each turn gives the participant a free throw which will result in a $5 bonus donation if successful and a half-court shot which will win a $100 bonus donation to the American Cancer Society if made. Shooters can participate as many times as they wish by making additional $1 matched donations.
Shooting sessions are targeted toward specific segments of the Edgewood community, although anyone may participate at any session. The “Eagles Shooting Down Cancer” schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, October 10 – Kickoff Event – 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. – All Edgewood College Students, Faculty & Staff Welcome
- Wednesday, October 11 – Edgewood Campus School Day – ECS students will get the chance to participate during their physical education classes.
- Thursday, October 12 – Edgewood Campus School Day & Edgewood High School Day
- Friday, October 13 – Edgewood Community Day – 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Open to all including the general public
- Saturday, October 14 – President’s Tailgate – 12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – All those attending the President’s Tailgate and the general public