Fans wondering what it’s like inside the iconic blimp now have an opportunity to find out.
In celebration of the Goodyear Blimp being named an honorary member of the College Football Hall of Fame, the doors are being opened up, in partnership with Airbnb, for some hospitality in advance of Michigan-Notre Dame on Oct. 26.
For around $150/night, people will have the chance to visit the hangar in Ohio and stay overnight on Oct. 22, 23 and 24.
The only bummer is the blimp will be grounded during your stay.
“Just like any host, we will be opening up our home to give the guests the best experience,” chief pilot Jerry Hissem told USA TODAY. “They will have a tour of our facilities, highlighting our 100 year history and 60+ years of covering college football games. They will get to enjoy Wingfoot Lake and the complete tailgate experience. And, they will get to meet many of our crew and learn about the blimp.”
The Goodyear Blimp began providing aerial coverage in 1955. It has flown over more than 2,000 sporting and entertainment events. This is the first time fans will have the opportunity to stay overnight inside the gondola.
The two-person package includes:
- Access to the Goodyear hangar, which is the size of 2.6 football fields and home to the blimp
- Football lounge where guests can relax and watch some football
- Lakefront spot with a grill, fire pit, cornhole, and other tailgate essentials
- Tickets to Michigan-Notre Dame and official gear
- Space for up to four friends to join in the revelry before the two guests retire to the cozy gondola of the blimp
Fans will have the chance to jump on this offer Oct. 15. Space is obviously limited.